Calling theater artists and all artists! Creativity inspires change!
Join ArtCorps and accelerate social change in Central America with your creative talents. Through theater, storytelling, music, visual arts, digital media and other creative facilitation techniques, ArtCorps Artists educate and inspire people to participate actively in improving their environmental, health and social conditions.
Each ArtCorps Artist works directly with a local development organization that is an expert in its field, training their field staff and community members and leaders in our Art for Social Action methodology.
As part of this experience, ArtCorps offers artists:
- A living stipend of $500/month
- Medical insurance
- A budget for project materials
- Training in Art for Social Action
- Technical assistance and support from ArtCorps staff in the region
- Training in theater and/or radio broadcasting (additional skills in other artistic mediums preferred)
- Experience in community development and group facilitation
- Ability to document projects and contribute to the development of new tools and strategies through reports, blog posts, photos and recordings
- Spanish fluency (native Spanish speaker with English fluency preferred)
How to Apply
We are currently accepting applications for two positions (one in El Salvador and one in Guatemala) that will start in January 2013 and end in December 2013. Please send your resume and cover letter (in Spanish) along with samples of your art pieces or performances to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is November 30, 2012.
Over the last 12 years, ArtCorps has accelerated the process of social change by training organizations and the communities they serve in innovative strategies for education, community engagement and leadership development. Our methodology taps into the power of the arts-based strategies–such as murals, theater, radio and music–to unlock creative potential, transfer critical knowledge and inspire long-term behavior change. To learn more, visit www.artcorp.org.